Magneti Marelli is an international Group committed to the design and production of hi-tech systems and components for the automotive sector. With more than 38.000 employees, 85 production units, 12 R&D Centres and 26 Application Centres, the Group has a presence in 19 countries and supplies all the most important car makers in Europe, North and South America and Asia.
Magneti Marelli mission, as a worldwide automotive parts supplier, is to make its key technologies available to its final customers at an affordable price, by matching high quality and a competitive offer, technology and flexibility. Magneti Marelli is providing its know-how and wide-ranging expertise in electronics, through a process of ongoing innovation and environmental sustainability in order to develop intelligent systems for active and passive vehicle safety, onboard comfort and powertrain technologies.
Magneti Marelli business areas are:
- Automotive Lighting (front and back lighting systems)
- Powertrain (gasoline, diesel and multi-fuel engine control systems; Automated Manual Trasmission "Freechoice" gearboxes)
- Electronic Systems (instrument clusters; infotainment & telematics, lighting & body elecronics)
- Suspension Systems, Cofap – Shock Absorbers, Dynamic Systems (Suspension; Shock absorber; Electronically controlled shock absorbers)
- Exhaust Systems (exhaust systems, catalytic converter and silencing systems)
- Plastic Components and Modules (car plastic components)
- After Market Parts and Services (spare part distribution for the Independent Aftermarket – IAM; Assistance network and Checkstar body shop)
- Motorsport (specific electronic and electro - mechanical systems for championship at the cutting edge of technology, in F1, in MotoGP, SBK and the WRC)