Introducing the Jeep “Luminator” Concept Vehicle by Magneti Marelli Automotive Lighting
One of the most advanced lighting technology company in the world comes a truly incredible version of the most capable off-road vehicle ever – FCA’s Jeep Wrangler Luminator lighting concept vehicle. Developed in concert with Jeep engineers to define the requirements of increasingly popular night time off-roading using the best technology available by Magneti Marelli Automotive Lighting. The tight and seamless integration of these powerful LED light engines into real world Jeep requirements is aimed at night vision while rock crawling.
Here are the highlights:
- 7” Round LED headlamps that will provide over 1500 lumens output high and low beam combined. These can be retrofitted on all current Wranglers back through 1997 TJ and all JK models.
- Extremely large and powerful front upper fog lamps with added lighting elements for outboard lighting that is controlled by steering wheel angle.
- Integrated 100mm round fog lamps with over 1200 lumen output each.
- Powerful, internal windshield mounted auxiliary LED lighting – eliminating clunky and noisy (wind) external units that are subject to damage in an off-road environment. These lamps are slim, sleek, and will send over 12,000 lumens of output to the trail beyond.
- Hood mounted infrared camera obstacle detection lighting unit that can spot wildlife and send lighting to alert the driver of danger on the trail.
- Extremely bright and capable round LED tail lamps with a cool trail burner “welcome” feature when the key fob is actuated.
- A new invention of a trail/scouting lamp with integrated LED whip antenna on the rear of the vehicle that will communicate trail speed to your off-road caravan. This combined Centre high mount stop lamp will also have rear flood lighting capability for trail back lighting or emergency needs.
- A-pillar spot lamps equipped with high powered LED’s with engineered lens technology to provide long distance spotting capability.
There are surprises beyond new lighting elements as well!
- An integrated drone and drone carrier into the rear of the vehicle – this drone can be used to provide real time reconnaissance with an on-board HD camera and is lighted with two powerful LED lens to provide nighttime vision ability. Video of the off-road adventure can be uploaded to share on social media and
- An integrated capacitive tough screen is imbedded into the rear of the Luminator to display the drone camera view or provide local mapping information for Jeep off-roaders to plot their course. The screen is capable of providing any normal information via the internet or satellite just like a laptop or cell phone.
- A 360 VR camera mounted to the roof to provide passengers with a new experience while off-roading.
- Roof top mounted solar panels to provide auxiliary power to the tail lamp 110 V output or for power supply for other on-board gear while trail side camping.