Fulfilments related to Italian Legislative Decree 196 of 30 June 2003
(Code on the protection of personal data)
In accordance with art. 13 of Italian Legislative Decree 196 of 30 June 2003, Magneti Marelli Holding S.p.A, Controller of the processing of your personal data, would like to inform you that the personal data acquired during the commercial relationships established between us will be processed in compliance with the aforementioned law, and to also provide you with the following information.
Personal data processed
The personal information processed relates mainly to:
identification data (company name, company address, telephone, fax, e-mail, Internet website, fiscal data, etc.);
data related to economic and commercial activities (solvency, reliability, bank and accounting data, etc.).
This personal data may be provided directly by the data subject or collected from third parties, independent Controllers of the processing (i.e. Group companies, agents, distributors, brokers, commercial information companies, registers, lists or databases accessible to the public, etc.).
Methods of the processing
The processing of your personal data will be carried out by subjects expressly appointed by the present writer to be in charge of such processing, or even by external subjects belonging to the same Group of companies (parent company and subsidiaries) and by agents, always in compliance with regulations pertaining to Privacy and with the instructions provided by the present writer.
Access to databases managed with computer tools will also be allowed to other external subjects in the event this is necessary for the purpose of guaranteeing the update and full functionality of the same information systems.
The processing will also be carried out with electronic tools, and in any case by adopting, in the manners provided for by the Technical Regulations (forming annex B to Legislative Decree 196/2003), the minimum data security and confidentiality measures provided for by articles 34 and 35 of the aforementioned legislative decree.
With regards to the processing operations, please note that:
the distribution of the same data is excluded;
the data will be kept at the headquarters of the present writer and, if necessary, at the appointed persons in charge until the end of the commercial relationship with the present writer, except for data that must be kept in fulfilment of legal requirements and for the related company needs, even after the conclusion of the relationships.
Purposes of the data processing
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes:
- execution of the contracts and fulfilment of the related legal obligations;
- safeguarding of the rights arising from the contract;
- credit collection or assignment;
- organizational and commercial management of the contract and after-sales activities (for example, relationships with agents, distributors, contractors, service centres);
- information on solvency and risk protection activities;
- training activities on how to use the products/services.
Subject to your consent expressed below, the present writer may also process your personal data for the following purposes:
marketing activities through the delivery of promotional and advertising material pertaining to products/services similar to those of the existing commercial relationship;
invitations to conferences, events, initiatives promoted by the present writer or whose subject-matter is relevant to the existing commercial relationship;
Nature of the provision of personal data
The provision of your personal data is optional.
However, failure to provide such data may make it impossible for the present writer and the data subject to comply with the commitments mutually undertaken under the contract as well as with the legal obligations.
Communication and distribution of data
In relation to the aforementioned purposes, the data may also be communicated to the following categories of subjects:
- state, regional, province and town administrations, public safety authorities, judicial authorities;
- companies belonging to the Group and partners;
- credit institutions, leasing companies, factoring companies;
- insurance companies;
- agents, distributors, brokers, service centres, contractors and buyers;
- transportation intermediaries;
- financial statements auditing and certification companies, quality certification;
- commercial information and credit collection companies;
- law firms, consulting firms providing technical and fiscal assistance;
- trade associations;
- universities, schools of any level and degree and training centres;
- persons entrusted with the processing and/or sending of company magazines, informational brochures, invitations to commercial initiatives;
- other subjects who carry out activities that are functionally affiliated with the commercial relationship between the present writer and the data subject.
Person in charge of the processing
In accordance with art. 29 of Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003, the present writer has appointed the pro-tempore Manager of the Human Resources Department, with headquarters in Viale Aldo Borletti 61/63, 20011 Corbetta (Milan), Italy, as the person in charge of the processing that the data subject will be able to address in order to exercise the rights referred to in art. 7 of the aforementioned decree.
Rights of the data subject
Finally, the present writer would like to remind you that art. 7 of Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003 grants the data subject the right to exercise specific rights, among which the right to gain confirmation of whether or not his/her personal data exists, even if not recorded, its communication in intelligible form of the same data, its origin as well as the purposes and methods of the processing itself.
In addition, the data subject has the right to obtain the cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed in breach of the law, as well as the update, correction or, if appropriate, the integration of data.
The data subject also has the right to object, in whole or in part, to the processing of personal data, for legitimate reasons, even if pertinent to the purposes of the data collection.
Your rights may be exercised according to the provisions referred to in art. 8, of Italian Legislative Decree and through the exercise methods provided for by art. 9 of the aforementioned Legislative Decree and more specifically by sending a written request to the aforementioned Person in charge of the processing.